"Sorry Chuck, but I respectfully disagree. I don;t think there is
anyone in AP who would suggest that they thought the boardwalk and
pavillions would still be in this condition 5 years after the MOU and
more than 4 years after the actual deal. The original council members
who approved that deal knew they made a mistake on the pavillions and
timelines. That is first hand info. I am not whipping anyone for that
right now. But you are wrong.

I also heard it from first hand that Partners will not put its own
money into anything. They are here to flip. That's why it has taken
so long and will continue to be postponed until they come up with
partners (retail, entertainment, residential) for each component or
until the city forces the issue. We've punched their dance card but
they simply will not dance."

  i was just stating some thoughts and ideas.  im not wrong, i clearly said i
wasnt taking either side.  i too thought things would have progressed more in
the last 4 or 5 years.  but im not sure it was too big of a secret that asbury
partners were about "flipping land for re sale".  that fact becasme obvious a
few years ago.  heres another thought though, they said the project is expected
to take 10 years?  so, going by what was said, having residential come first.
i wouldnt have expected too much retail, or entertainment action taking place
till the very end.  year 8-10 at the least.

Never miss an email again!