> Authenticity is the issue. A copy, interpretation, or facsimily would
> be worth less then the original. Yes Save the Wonder Bar, change the
> redevelopment plan, exclude it from condemnation.
>
> Werner

They did a great job of bringing the wb back to life. It's not the orignial,
but a facsimly.
Could it be recreated in name - in the type of music and management? Jsut got
back from
Miami. Again, more photos of some great old buildings that were saved in one
fashion or
another. Maybe not a cadillac/fleetwood showroom - but rather serving great
food. New
disasters being built, some very good new architecture with the look and feel
of yesterday
- or is it today? Was I having a drink at the same bar my mother was at for
honeymoon
some 50 plus years ago?

For many, mnay years, the WB was gone and not a peep. One big gray box. Give to
those
D&L for getting it going. But unless you own the building\, you are at the
mercy of the
landlord, developers and politics.

Might be time to try to capitalize on the name and creativity that went with
it. Heck, I still
drive by the saint and think its the clover club and doing kamikazies when we
were 17 and
grils from bayonne.