Even if you don't like the TCN, if you are upset about what
Clurfield did to Market in the Middle, then at least this Thursday
you're going to LOVE TCN.

By the way, for all the posing Clurfeild does about being so
sophisticated and upscale regarding restaurants...she lives in
Howell!!!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Clurfield, sounds like a snob, who considers herself, "slumming"!
> satnd by my review, that "Market", is New Orleans', Decatur
> Street-EAST!  So I was there, for lunch and it was quiet and
serene,
> with very soft jazz, emanating from Sirius, Radio.  Everything was
> CLEAN, I was seated across from the bar, where I could survey
> everything!  Too bad, the APP, picked, the evening hour, when they
are
> super busy, with no time to really sit and talk, when they are a
> qazillion customers, waiting!  What did "Miss Queen for a Day",
> expect? Note: "Queen For A Day", was a popular game show, back in
the
> late 50's and mid-60's, where ordinary housewives, got a new washer
> and dryer, bedroom suite or living room.  It was The Price is
> Right/Let's Make a Deal/Oprah, of its' day. Anyway, I LOVE the
Place!

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > Below is the review of Market in the Middle from the Press.
> > Personally, I love Market in the Middle. It's one of the  best
> things to happen in AP in ages.
> > I go there several times a week. The people who work there are
> great. I love the eclectic
> > blend of things they sell. I've never eaten at the restaraunt,
but
> i've heard nothing but
> > good things about it. If I ever decide to enter the dating world
> again, Market in the Middle
> > will be one of the first places I take a date to.
> > Now here's the BS review...
> > "It's a madhouse at the entrance to Market in the Middle. When
did
> the world start
> > congregating on Cookman Avenue in Asbury Park? There's overflow
onto
> the sidewalk,
> > where folks are bravely dining in the chill. I square my
shoulders
> and walk inside.
> >
> > We have reservations, thank goodness. Spur-of-the-moment types
are
> being told the wait
> > is two hours. There's no room at the bar and no room to gather
> around the helter-skelter
> > layout of tables and shelves. I'm relieved when we're seated,
even
> though it's at an
> > awkwardly positioned table, with racks sporting kitchenware for
sale
> inches from my head.
> > I'm afraid to move, afraid I'll topple a display, and the poor
floor
> crew can't help but bump
> > into the backs of our chairs as they try to maneuver. Do they
ever
> say "sorry" or "excuse
> > me"? I'm not sure; the noise level is too high to hear the person
> next to me, let alone a
> > server ricocheting by.
> >
> > Market in the Middle, for all its deliberate casualness, is not a
> place to relax. The odd
> > layout, with its mix of bunched-up tables and for-sale
merchandise,
> doesn't allow for a
> > sense of convivial community. If you're seated in the market
part of
> this bistro-tavern-
> > store, you may feel like an afterthought; if you're at a table
> astride the bar, you may feel
> > shoved in.
> >
> > A half hour after being seated, I'm feeling put out: We've
ordered a
> well-priced prosecco
> > from the wine list, but a different prosecco is presented. I
inspect
> it, register it as
> > something likely higher in price than I wish to spend, and ask if
> the prosecco ordered
> > could be delivered. Several minutes lapse; the desired prosecco
> arrives. But the bottle is
> > room temp; sparkling wine needs to be served chilled. There's
> another wait. Market in the
> > Middle's wine guru arrives, pushing a Portuguese bubbly. Or
perhaps,
> the guru says,
> > "Maybe you want a sweet wine?" I reconsider the wine list, order
> Spanish cava, and get
> > shaken off again, like a pitcher rejecting a catcher's call.
> >
> > OK, I'll cut to the chase: The wine fridge was on the fritz, so
> nothing I want is going to be
> > available at the proper temperature. The deal is we take the
> Portuguese bubbly or — well,
> > we never really learn the options. Which should have been
explained
> to us from the get-
> > go.
> >
> > We go with the Portuguese sparkler. Nice, no cigar.
> >
> > Nor can I give a tout to the eclectic menu and the scattershot
> service at Market in the
> > Middle, the brainchild of veteran restaurateur Marilyn
Schlossbach.