It scares me as well.  I don't think there is "anyone" to blame
here, there's plenty to spread around in a system that took years
and years to become this dysfunctional.  That said, what scares me
is that while note speaking on behalf of the board there is a board
member who recognizes a sense of powerlessness to fix this locally
and is looking forward to the state's involvement to fix a local
issue.

The more I see here, the more I think our entire system of
government in AP is just broken.  Perhaps it's time to move to a
full-time, paid mayoral post responsible for running the city and
ultimately responsible for the schools as well.  What we seem to
lack in both city and school governance is a strong leader who is
empowered to drive change and accountable to the people.  In the
current system is it impoossible to really understand who's really
accountable for anything.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have to tell you that your post scares me.  For the past 3+
years that I have been in Asbury I can not understand the school
situation.   I am not placing blame on a single individual but there
is a problem.  While I know you are on the board, I do not see much
progress.  What is the issue here?  It is not lack of money.  This
town is up there as far as the cost per student.  From what I see it
is a lack of accountability for all.  The fighting, accusations etc
all is just people pushing blame on to others.   Again I not
pointing a finger and one person, but if the people running things
from the classroom to the board cannot get a direction, goals set
and accomplished etc, then new people need to come in.  I think it
would be a complete embarrassment if the state finds money that
should have been spent on education, wasted.  It would be an even
bigger embarrassment if the state needs to take control.