Sharon, As much as I love and respect your posts here, I just don't understand
why you are
injecting racism into this discussion. Don't you think a statement that starts
with "You
people..." is being a bit harsh? If you want to discuss racism, then that's an
entirely
different discussion.
I want to say this though, black kids, white kids, hispanic kids...they all
have a choice to be
in a gang or not. Nobody is forcing kids to be in a gang. That is a decision
they make.
Sure, environment, lack of education, housing and employment influence
decisions. Kids
should at least be smart enough to know that the gang lifestyle is a dead end
street.