Condo City?  like most every city is becoming or has become; however
Asbury Park is not a city such as a Newark, a Jersey City or a
Hoboken.  Asbury Park is a beautiful oceanfront resort town, or
should at least be striving to be, a place to luxuriate at, to relax,
to enjoy, to live....what a pity that land planned for exhibition
and/or entertainment was changed in its use! This change of use must
have been approved, wouldn't it have to be if this was done?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote:
> >
> > City Signals No-Go for Coney Island Luxury Tower
> > Land Use
> > BY ELIOT BROWN - Special to the Sun
> >
> > Yesterday, the chairwoman of the Department of City Planning,
Amanda
> > Burden, criticized Mr. Sitt's plan to include a luxury tower in
the
> > beachfront district that is zoned for amusements.
> >
> > "Amusements are incompatible with immediate adjacent residential
> > use," Ms. Burden said at a Crain's New York breakfast
presentation in
> > Midtown.
> >

> The reminds me of the case here in AP.
>
> The area along Wesley Lake was zoned for Exhibition Space and
Entertainment. We ended
> up with Condos.
>
> The area bounded by Ocean, Kingsley, Asbury and Fifth was zoned for
Commercial. Hotel,