how many boardwalks have bike paths:

Long branch has a decent run (old ocean ave) but then u have to get by
pier village then pick it up again.

Hollywood florida is spedning around $15million redoing their
oceanfront walk WITH a bike lane. Oh - they also have bike rentals.
for around $8, I lost my kid for an hour.

Here's one on Virginia Beach Bike Path problem: http://tinyurl.com/2hkss9
(another great ride)

Sanibel Island has a 25 mile bike path

In in NJ: (another example of oh where oh where did it go?)

MORE THAN $7 MILLION AWARDED FOR BIKE PATH PROJECTS

Governor Christie Whitman and Transportation Commissioner James
Weinstein today (1999) announced the award of $7.3 million in grants
for more than 54 miles of local bicycle projects throughout the state.
The monetary amount represents a portion of the $10 million in
discretionary funds available for such projects through the New Jersey
Department of Transportation’s (NJDOT) FY99 Local Aid program.

"Transportation, at every level, is crucial not just to our economy
but to our quality of life. Last year I proposed that we create some
2,000 miles of bike paths over a 12-year period," Governor Whitman
said. "The investments that we make today in preserving and enhancing
our quality of life will pay for itself and then some, especially for
our future generations. Today, we are taking a very positive step in
that direction by providing funds that will build bike path projects
that ultimately give us more recreational opportunities and continues
the commitment to improve our environment."

"A transportation system as complex as New Jersey’s should not only
get people to and from communities, but it should support community
objectives," said Commissioner Weinstein. "These are all worthwhile
projects that have been developed at the local level based on local
support for them. And, in a state that is as heavily traveled as New
Jersey, we as responsible policy makers need to do all we can to
promote alternative forms of transportation."

A list of the 37 projects receiving $7.3 million in grants is attached.

The NJDOT’s Local Aid Program is supported by the New Jersey
Transportation Trust Fund. Under legislation signed into law by
Governor Whitman in 1995, the Transportation Trust Fund was renewed
and local aid funding was increased from $100 million to $130 million
per year. The Local Aid program was increased by $10 million, for a
total of $140 million, for FY98 through a special legislative
appropriation