--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "paulvail1964" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Stand Up For Asbury would like to know how the Asbury Park Code
> Enforcement Department could issue a temporary CO to this
> controversial shelter when it CLEARLY did not comply with minimum
> safety standards.

I want to know why it got a CO when it apparently does not comly to
zoning?

> Stand Up For Asbury would also like to know why Councilman Jim
Keady
> attended last night's zoning board meeting.  Since the beginning,
> councilman Keady has voiced support for the Market Street Mission.
> The councilman vociferously opposed the city's amicus brief on our
> behalf.  The councilman attempted to discredit Stand Up For Asbury
on
> many occasions as we scrambled to put together facts and
information
> supporting our last minute appeal.
>
> Out of respect for the board's autonomy the city attorney has
advised
> ALL the councilmen not to attend zoning board hearings.  Councilman
> Keady opposes the council majority on many issues important to this
> community.  This is his right.  However, Stand Up For Asbury feels
he
> has no place at these hearings.  His support for the mission and
his
> opposition to Stand Up For Asbury is already clear to all.

Paul, as you may be aware, I am a supporter of Standy Up For Asbury,
both financially and in spirit. I make no bones about my fondness and
respect for Jim Keady, nor do I duck my disagreement with him on the
issue of the Mission. We will agree to disagree. Keady has every
right as a citizen to attend that or any zoning board meeting. Quite
frankly, you do not clearly explain Keady's position on the Mission.
I'll let him do it. I will continue to support SUFA both financially
and in spirit, but I think our time is better spent focused on the
issues and matters that will prevent the Mission from opening here
and not a campaign against Keady. If you don't want Keady telling you
what to do, I suggest that you do likewise. Keep up the good work.

Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities. Links