John,

The High School was "dismantled"  10 years ago when they segregated
it.

That's not my alma mater.  I went to a desegregated school with
white kids, black kids, rich kids and poor kids.]

That school is gone; there is a racially segregated school there and
I have no love for a segregated school.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tommy,
>
> Be real.  Your family is from this district and my family is from
> this district.  You all graduated from the High School.  Do you
> really want to see your alma mater "dismantled?"  And have all
these
> kids sent all over the county?  Some of the comments are right.
The
> kids in these other towns have no identity to a town that has no
> school system; ie: Interlaken.  The solution is not to run, the
> solution is to get involved.  If running is getting involved, than
so
> be it.  I am in the system everyday.  I know there is no
leadership,
> nor has there been any real leadership in the High School and
Middle
> School for years.  Maybe, if some people get involved, and make
the
> right recommendations, there can be effective change put in
place.
> that's what it takes.
>
> Let's get back to the real issue.  "Dismantling" is not going to
> happen.  And it's not just because I represent these members and
> would not want them to lose their jobs.  We also stand up for the
> saftey and well being of the students too.  You that we try to get
> involved in as many positive projects as possible in this
district.
> There needs to be a core group of people that come together,
> community, clergy, politicians, staff members, and business owners
> begin to come up with solutions to the problems that plague the
> district.  If getting behind candidates is the solution to fixing
the
> problems, than that's what has to be done.  Everyone needs to be
> involved.  You know it all comes down to politics.  --- In
> AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright" <justifiedright@>
> wrote:
> >
> > apeaexec1,
> >
> > Why is your solution always "run for the board of ed"?  Why, so
> > another crop of people can fight with the administration while
the
> > kids go nowhere?
> >
> > We're way past that.
> >
> > It's time to end it all.  No sense wasting more youth while we
> check
> > our watches waiting for developments that might come  way down
the
> > road.  Been there done that.
> >
> > We can give these kids better schools by sending them to better
> > schools right away.
> >
> > It's the best plan for the kids.
> >
> > Don't worry, there will be plenty of placement for union members
in
> > the other schools. ;-)
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <apeaexec1@>
wrote:

> > > I am glad to see that there is finally a spirited debate in
> regard
> > > the Asbury Park School District.  I guess we can call it
> > the "Tommy
> > > Plan?"  As for the school being "dismantled", that is
absolutely
> > > insane. It will never happen.  We all know it and it is
> ridiculous
> > > think it will happen.  Regionalization may considered way down
> the
> > > line, but it will take years to happen.  Especially with the
> > pitviper
> > > lawyers out there chomping at the bit to get a piece of this
> legal
> > > action from the surrounding towns.  Tommy, you know that's
going
> > > happen.  It isn't possible for this to happen in "4" months.
We
> > need
> > > to have a plan in place now.
> > >
> > > The High School, Middle School and Alternative Middle School
are
> > in
> > > chaos.  Without strong leadership from the top down, this will
> > never
> > > be fixed.  Lewis was the cause of this entire debacle.  When
he
> > took
> > > over in 1999, the scores began to plummett, drastically.
There
> > has
> > > been no strong leadership in this district in any of the years
> > that
> > > Lewis has been in charge.  We need strong leaders in all these
> > > schools.  He has constantly hired weak links that he could
> > control.
> > > This is a total recipe for disaster.  We need the strong
leaders
> > in
> > > here now to begin to fix the problems.  As for hiring a Ferina
> > from
> > > LB, the staff fear him, they don't necessarily like him.  You
> > can't
> > > run a district on fear and intimidation like Lewis did for all
> his
> > > years here.
> > >
> > > I believe that people that are interested in the well being of
> the
> > > staff and students, they need to run for the BOE.  The filing
> > > deadline is 4pm today.  You need 10 signatures.  This is a
> pivotal
> > > year.  5 seats are up and it can totally change.  It's time to
> get
> > > some stability in here now.--- In
> > > AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright" <justifiedright@>

> and