Also applies for school with failing grades with the
amount of taxes we pay my child should be able to go
to any school in nj but i guess it will be private
school after charter i did have a child graduate from
ap and montclair but she had to work her butt off
coming from ap
--- AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Denise,
>
> As I understand the No Child Left Behind Act, there
are situations
> where a child has the right to elect another school.
 In addition to
> performance, another is if they suffer an act of
bullying.

> Usually it is to another school within a district.
So if a child
> wants to switch from Bangs Avenue School to Thurgood
Marshall, he
> can.
>
> The problem arises when there is no other school in
the district,
> like the Middle School or High School.
>
> Under NCLB Act, Asbury Park is supposed to have an
inter-district
> agreement with another town.  Those are voluntary
though, so you can
> not force the other district to enter one.
>
> Anyone care to wager that our Board of Education has
not even
> inquired of another district to make such an
arrangement?  Anyone?

> When there is no such inter-district agreement, the
child is
> supposed to be offered other alternatives, such as
intensive
> tutoring and home-schooling.
>
> As to your other question, I believe your child can
audition for Red
> Bank Regional's music program.  If you live in AP, I
don't thing
> your school has administrators to help the child
like the other
> schools do.
>
> Oakdorf mention that Red Bank Regional is not great
school.  It

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > If a child attends a Title I school that has been
designated by
> the
> > state to be in need of improvement or unsafe,
parents can choose
> > send the child to another public school. Districts
must let
> parents
> > know each year if their child is eligible to
transfer to another
> > school, and districts must give parents at least
two transfer
> schools
> > to choose from. Additionally districts must pay
for students'
> > transportation costs, giving priority to
low-income, low-achieving
> > students if there are not enough funds available
to pay for all
> > students.
> >
> > At the last board meeting when a parent asked
about sending their
> > child to another school based on the No child left
behind act.

> > As quoted by the commissioner
> > "The Dept. of Education can not force other school
district to
> take
> > on students from Asbury Park it has to be by
choice of the other
> > school district"
> >
> > So if what your saying about the students from
Avon and the
> various
> > other towns in the AP district is true.  If my
child was in AP
> High
> > school and I wanted to send my child to Red Bank
Regional I should
> > have no problem or once again is it a set
criteria?

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM