--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here's the reason that I was given.  Asbury does not offer the
>same
> programs that RBR has.

John That's what the Commissioner's Ruling said in 1996 - better
music in Red Bank.

That's not a good enough reason to segregate.  The Board of Ed is
not supposed to accept that.  They were supposed to sue 10 years ago
after the ruling. Still can.

When I first started screaming about this years ago, I held that all
we had to do was MAKE THE AP'S MUSIC PROGRAM BETTER and then refile
with the commissioner.  Show them our program is equal or better,
and bring the kids back.  Close the loophole.

In fact on Maureen's show several years ago, she had Bd of Ed
candidates on.  I called in and asked each about a better music
program to close this loophole.  None of the them cared.

If Maureen can find that tape, you will hear that one of the
candidates is now a young councilman here in AP. Listen to his
answer.

I took the idea of making the music program better to close this
loophole to various Bd of Ed members.  No interest.

Either make the music program better and close the RBR loophole, or
file the Civil Rights suit.

You know what?  Both will take hard work.

Unfortunately our Board spends time on printing little fliers about
each ohter, calling authorities on one another and generally getting
one another jammed up with subpoeanas, claims, lawsuits and charges.

Not a chance I'll convince any of them to do either of these
important things for the kids.  There are other board members to
humiliate!

Wonder sometimes why I care.

 The BOE Interlaken President has asked
> several times how to get out of it.  However, you have a lot of
> people that bitch and moan that Asbury doesn't offer a safe
> atmosphere.  That's the true fact.  As for you offering to speak
> someone for free, that's mighty big of you Tom.  His name is Tony
> Scarillo.  I am sure he will be more than happy to speak with
you.
> I'll get his number if you want.
>
> As for having a Japanese company run this system, they tried
> privatizing in Phil. Pa.  Their scores have actually gone down.  I
> also gave the solution..... Strong leadership from the top down.
> had a meeting in the High School at 2:300 today.  When I got
there,
> it looked like Bahgdad.  There were kids all over the place, no
> order, cursing at everyone.  And guess what....... not one
> administrator to be found.  Just a security guard.  This is
> specifically why these staff members voted that they have
confidence
> in their building administration.  They don't exist until the kids
> are gone.  You need to have a presence and give some sort of fear
> the kids that they will be dealt with if there is a problem.  That
> does not exist now, nor will it exist until that administrative
team
> is changed.  The residents and parents should demand nothing
less.
> The staff members asked "what can they do now?"  Short of praying,
> said to them to keep control of their own clas and keep the doors
> shut.  they said the kids come right in the classes.  How can you
> teach under these conditions?
>
> As a taxpayer, resident, or parent, I urge you to walk in this
school
> any time during the day.  Sign in and see what goes on.  It is
truly
> amazing that this type of behavior is allowed to continue.
Closing
> the school, dismantling, whatever, is not a solution for right
now.
> They need help there and they need it now.  What are you
suggestions
> in the short term?  How do you fix or at least put a bandaid on
the
> wound now?  Give me some suggestions.  I'll give them to Frank and
> Robert.--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <apeaexec1@>
wrote:

> > > Better yet, how do you make them go to the public school that
> they
> > >are
> > > required to (AP) instead of the loophole of sending them to
RBR.

> > Overturn the decision that created the loophole.
> >
> > >AS I
> > > said yesterday, it's been questioned before and no one seems
> >have
> > > the answer.  Yet we as taxpayers fund these kids to attend
> >a "music
> > > program" that they will never use.
> >
> > I don't know who you questioned before, but I do have the
answer.
> You
> > make an applied challange to the constitutionality of the
statutes
> and
> > at least a de facto constitutional challenge to the
commissioner's

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM