> CAFRA has requirements for land coverage. The waterfront was
permitted
> to have a higher coverage (I think approaching 90%) by counting in
the
> coverage outside of the redevelopment zone, which is much lower and
> will be limited to that.
>
> Why these schmucks got anything is beyond me. We got nothing in
return.

CAFRA is not the reason for the density. Bad planning is the cause.
They exceeded the CAFRA standards by not confering with them through
the planning process.

The deal was done, the plan was made, and then submitted for review
after the fact. CAFRA flagged the density as eccessive, the City
countered by asserting (falsely) that the "infill area" was part of
the redevelopment area.

CAFRA bought into that and now lot coverage in the infill area is
reduced to account for the excessive coverage at the beachfront.

Many State agencies were under pressure at the time to 'facilitate'
redevelopment. But the root cause of our high desities is bad planning.

Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM