> But I am not the political pundit with a particular political
>twist
> who wrote a column about John Edwards. Now you are off the hook.
>You
> typically promote the conservative viewpoint, here, on your blog
and
> in TCN.

Yes, but what does me having written about Edwards have to do with
antyhing?  Thousands of journalists have written about him.  I'm not
following  you - anyone who has ever written about him has to weigh
in on the Coulter thing?  I don't get it.

>Now, Coultergeist is the annointed angel of the conservative
> party.

Why do you have to get me started?  No one on this board wants to
read this.  However, here it goes.

You're doing the same thing to conservatives the media does to us.
The media gets to pick who represents conservatives by labeling
them.  They train the viewers to do the same.

Try this.  You don't have to share the results.  Very quickly, write
down the name of 5 current day examples of conservatives.   Also
quickly, write down 5 current liberals.

Most people for conservatives write down people who don't hold
office.  Usual you will get answers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter,
Falwell, Dobson, Robertson, etc.

For liberals though, most people jot down elected people - Kennedy,
Kucinich, Dean, Clinton, Carter, etc.

There is a huge difference.

Political pundits have no responsibility for policy, so they can say
things that don't translate to governing.  The media goes to
Robertson, Dobson, Coulter, etc. not in search of conservative
views, but for a sound bite because they may say something nutty.

Why don't they go to conservative office holders, like my own
congressman Chris Smith?

Still not conviced?  Try this on.  Watch TV and see anyone with a
conservative point of view be introduced as "consrevative columnist"
or "conservative host' etc.  Have you ever seen Jesse Jackson, Frank
Rich or Paul Krugman with the word "liberal" written before their
name?  Never.

The effect that the media is going for is to present the way left
views as middle of the road (because those guys go unlabeled) but
make sure those on the right are clearly labeled.

Suckers fall for it.  I don't.

Fox News. We report - you decide.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM