This does not change my opinion. I read this one before. JK wanted
enforcement of the ordinance, with new extended hours. I hold no ire
towards him for that, nor towards anyone who wanted what is best for
the safety of everyone on the boardwalk. That's what I wanted too.
This change came after the initial coming to a head of the issue. I'm
talking about who is responsible for instituting enforcement of a 24
hour bicycle ban; which my guess is, had no validity in writing; if
you get my drift. My anger and frustration stem from the city
changing horses midstream at my expense. It's simple, If I'd been
told by Kinmon and Co. that it was out their hands, and I was going
to be on my own, should I decide to invest in this new fleet; I would
have kept the fleet from the previous year in place (I still had it
in it's entirety). I invested an additional 14K after being told that
there would be no issues with my new fleet (provided my patrons were
not riding them dangerously, etc). This is why I asked (in April)
before making the investment. All I wanted from anyone, was
representation of the truth, so I knew the criteria to base my
decisions on. Also, for the record, there was never any strict
enforcement of the ordinance prior to or after this. I had the
misfortune of being located next to two of the establishments that
the cops predominantly hung out at; making it out of the question
that I'd be able to rent my product out in relation to the selective
enforcement.

P.S. Tom, I'll be glad to have you rent my equiptment, but please see
home page on my website for details. Particularly, to call first in
the off season; for a heads up. I don't have regular hours (I'm there
when I'm there) in the off-season, but am glad to hold appointments.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert
>
> In post 22400, Councilman JK says:
>
> "I also requested that regardless of what the policy was – a bike
> lane, riding until 12pm, etc. that we have STRICT enforcement of
the
> ordinance.  We could not continue to have an "anything goes"
> approach to bikes on the boardwalk.  I noted that on two occasions
> while I was running on the boardwalk, I was almost mowed down by
> bicyclists (FYI, they were middle-aged white male riders).  Given
> that I am a former pro athlete and still in pretty good shape, I
was
> able to dodge these guys.  My concern was that some little old lady
> might not be as lucky, thus my push to have strict enforcement of
> whatever ordinance was on the books."
>
> I'm only pointing this out because I'm not sure why you would go
> with your assumption about Bruno, when JK is admitting he was the
> councilman that insisted that the ordinance have STRICT enforcement.
>
> Please don't anyone think I'm being negative toward JK.  I support
> him 100% on his request for a 24/7 bike lane down the Boardwalk. I
> hope he gets that done someday.  I'm with JK on that.
>
> I only point it out because I don't think you should say it was JB
> that made the cops strictly enforce this, based on surmise, when JK
> admits it was him.
>
> (ps - twice last summer my family and I tried to rent your surrey
> but none were available.  Almost came to Allenhurst to get one
> yesterday but we got sidetracked).
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburyparkpedaler" <robert@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think rolemover is JB. Furthermore, I cannot find a post
> that
> > has been alleged before to have someone else claim responsibility
> for
> > ordinance changes. I'm not saying it's not there, I just haven't
> seen
> > it; or interpreted it the same way. I also know that, regardless
> of
> > who goes on record for doing so, the incident that was
immediately

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM