In reference to jerseykev's  comment:
God Bless  America

This country has been blessed...

with forefathers wise enough to establish a Democratic Republic, complete
with safeguards to ward off theocrats like those in Iran, Iraq and Saudi
Arabia
who claim to know God's will, decapitate those who are infidels, and  talk
children into suicide guaranteeing them the "Kingdom of God."

If there had been bumper stickers back then, I think some the  Declaration
signers would have "Lord, save me from your supposed  followers" stuck on the
back of their buggies.

And your comment:

if they are an American citizen, they  have inalienable rights.

Jefferson wrote that "all men" have inherent and  inalienable rights.  No
"if's."

And Matthew warned: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's
clothing...."  7:15

God bless humanity.

Peace
Complete reference:

Let me be the one to say it out loud.  The only real reason there is a
conflict over This Mission in Asbury  Park is because the spiritual leaders of
this
organization have gone on the  record that homosexuality is a sex addiction.
So, now let me go on the  record.   In the light of having 50 States in the
Nation, and seeing 45  States passing amendments to define marriage as being of
one man and one  woman, and having only one State out of 50 allowing Gay
Marriage, that being  Massachusetts, it's a small issue.   Let's not allow it
even be as big  as some would like it to be.   I agree that every individual
should have  the civil liberty to select one other person and bestow upon them
all things a  spouse can bestow upon another spouse, if they are an American
citizen, they  have inalienable rights.    However there is no way marriage
should  be permitted between two members of the same sex.  But before I even
discuss the issue let me point out that the real problem stems from all
promiscuity.  Intimate sexual activity should be restricted to only  people who
are
married and this is not a pitch for legislation controlling the  marriage bed.
This is moral and character in nature not legal or  otherwise.   People of
faith need to ban together to promote values,  starting at a very basic level,
in
the home.  Schools need to stay out of  the character development of our
children, and politicians need to simply  raise their own children and stop
legislating sacred matters.    Government should never attempt to legislate
"morality."   Government  would be best tending to the budget and spending of
tax payer
dollars.    Gay citizens have civil rights, granted.  However, they do not
have the  right to invade the Kingdom of God in a manner that diminishes the
entire  power of the faith within the Kingdom.   The whole battle is against
the
Kingdom of God.  Those who are subjected to God's will understand  this.  Be
kind to your neighbor but be pure before our God.   Even I  admit of falling
short of the glory of God, but I die daily to my selfish  desires and hope to
increase each moment in His desire for me.   Whether  someone agrees with me or
not, is not the issue.   God Bless  America