--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, and piss alot of people off. We should not be asked to pay
for the mistakes that this
> city has made. And we should not have to pay more tax and get
nothing in return.
> Terrible idea Allan.
> In case you haven't heard, Red Bank raised it's taxes so much that
some long time
> residents can't afford to live there anymore.

I think that is what Allan is hinting at - pissing people off to
motivate them to act. I don't know how successful that will be. Taxes
are already high. I'll be at $10,000 with the school raise now. All
rhetoric aside, I don;t know why the majority on the council, who are
incumbents, have any support. It must come from the relatives of the
people they are keeping employed. There is a decrease n ratables on
the waterfront even when one does not consider the rebate. And that
really stings doesn't it?

That's why it has been nearly three months since I FIRST asked Reidy
for the facts if there was a $2 million decrease in ratables from
waterfront demolition. I still have not received it. First they were
going to try to massage the numbers by looking at increase in market
values. That would be inappropriate. But that wound up biting them in
the ass anyway with the refund. Partners has COST us MONEY and TIME.
Two things that are hard to get back. Time to WAKE UP class. Storm
city hall.