I don't want to dispute what you posted, but in ordinary terms, he is
the Chief Administrator of the City, hired by the Council.  Mr. Reidy,
does serve at the request of the Council, though.  I've found Terence
to be articulate and intelligent.  I can't think of one negative
thing, about him.  He has a fresh, honest, persona; something this
City, sorely needs.  With Terry as City Manager, it gives the City,
some credibility and respect, absolutely!  I think he's underpaid!