> Oy vey, that could be a real problem if water infiltrates behing the
> bricks. I have been involved in that a number of times. A nightmare.
If
> it gets to a certain point the entire face must be stripped, fixed
and
> put back.

Remember that there were estimates of $10s of millions needed to
restore ConHall when the discussions of sale were being held.

To date Asbury Partners claims tro have spent $1M on improvements.
Those improvements were not restoration, they were to make the
facility more usable such as plumbing, electric, and facilities.

What I have seen is complete disregard for proper restoration and
preservation practices.

- Spackle used on textured plaster walls.
- Sanding copper and bronze architectural elements.
- Industrial/commercial light fixtures installed.
- Reconfiguration of interior spaces.
- Inappropriate painting

The lack of investment to address serious issues such as structural
defects, failing terra-cotta, light fixtures, the arcade storefronts
etc, indicates they are just in a holding pattern.

Use the venue - spend as little as possible.
Sounds just like what the City was doing, what have we gained?

Werner