--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "The sad part is that it could have been true if the Palace had
not
> been destroyed.
>
> Werner"
>
>   probably.  i dont think it would have ever been used though.
wasnt it noted that the steel most likely wouldnt be strong enough
to use again?  as a operational wheel?

Rideable or not, it should have been an integral part of the
redevelopment plan and returned to its location at the Palace along
with the Carousel.

When one goes to a museum you don't expect live dinasours, vintage
cars to drive around or spacecraft that take off in front of you.

Certainly the Carousel would have been operational however. In total
a vintage amusement arcade museum with resaurants, vintage games,
boat rides in the lake etc, would have restored and built on the
identity of that area.

In addition, trade shows and amusement park fan conventions would
have been attracted here. Thats the point of an "attraction" which
is what amusement rides are known as.

Modern times can coexist with heritage. It would have been simple to
rebuild the obsevation tower of the Wheel and install a modern
elevator system. The view from up there would be spectacular.

OOps, I forgot - A hotel and condos are better - right?

Werner