I still think the city should fund a study of similar venues across
the state.  Why is it that the state can support so many places like
the Count Basie Theatre, State Theatre, NJ PAC, SOPAC, BergenPAC --
places in north jersey, south jersey, central jersey -- but Asbury
Park's Paramount/Convention Hall can't work?

Never forget that two of the biggest show promoters in the north were
part of Asbury Park's history.  I think the city might have thought
they could run it by themselves which led it to non-use.  I'd try to
bring back Jon Scher or have his staff take over.  The place would
get going in a hurry.