--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, wait_foru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So what suggestion might one have as an alternative to what is going
on?

Install Metal detectors at ALL entrances.  Every student, every
teacher and any personnel, should be wearing photo ID, with the name
of the school, attending and hours of entrance and dismissal, posted.
Any student or adult, with ANY weapons will be suspended, pending
expulsion.  Uniforms, should be worn and females should dress
appropriately; white school blouse and dark slacks in winter, skirts
in Spring and Fall.  Each student and teacher, should have a school
handbook, so there would be no mistake about what is required.  The
schools should have 2 uniformed police in the Middle and high schools.
The elementary school should have security guards.  One at the front
entrance and 1 at the rear entrance.  Unless a child is ill in school,
parents must make an appointment, to see personnel.  There should be
regular assembly times for the principal and staff to address the
students and fliers should be posted for upcoming events, if not
published in the school newspaper or website.  These are all I can
think of, for now, but if any infractions or weapons are found, these
kids should be sent to a youth detention facility and their parents
notified, to pick them up and be seen as to how the school will mete
out punishment.  Compared to what these few safety precautions cost,
the kids, would be better served, if they felt safe in the school or
on the grounds.