I was just watching the weather channel, and they are reporting that our area
could get hit
with up to 30 days worth of rain in a 24 hour period, as well as storm surges
from the ocean
that may cause massive coastal flooding.
I usual don't worry about stuff like this, but...the north side of 1st Ave. has
clogged drains,
and still has rain draining away from the storm on Thursday. Not good.
I think this storm will be a pretty good test about what's going to happen to
the mulch by the
beach.
I also just finished a nice dog walk on the boardwalk. It's nice to see some
people out there
already for todays events. A couple of things are kinda depressing though. The
playground
on the beach at the end of 1st Ave. just got hit with some graffitti that
wasn't there the other
day. It includes several "F" words and other crap. Why? What's the point? Work
is being done
to try and make the boardwalk area look as nice as possible, and some idiot
kids go write "F"
on a  childrens playground.
Finally, I think it's pretty lame that the powers that be decided to demolish
the Paramount
entrance just in time for an event designed to celebrate the city and bring
people here. The
"Man of Love" statue has an orange caution fence drapped around it, as does the
S.O.A.P
memorial. It just plain looks sad, and i'm sorry if people get upset at me for
being a "hingy
downer". It just bugs me that things like this aren't better thought out. If
you want to present
AP to the people for an event, why not make the best possible effort to present
it in an
attractive manner? Couldn't they have waited another 2 weeks to tear up the
Paramount
entrance?