> .
> There are a thousand and one approaches to teaching. Family of
teachers
> I came from - dad, mom, sis (special ed) - so you can guess the
> arguments get going.

IT MUST START IN THE HOME. Mayor Bloomberg is starting to pick up on
ideas I've voiced for years. PAY poor (or whatever) parents for good
attendance at schools. PAY for getting involved in their child's
education. PAY for RESULTS (MARKS). Nothing motivates like the almighty
buck. Take the Abbott money and pay for results. You wouldn't even need
books. They'll be breaking the doors to come to school. Pay them to do
what's good for them. Some don;t know or care.