> > people not mulch
>

> No argument from me on that. We should be at the point now, and
> hopefully will soon, when people will come to the beach and be glad to
> pay a reasonable parking fee. BTW, I think it should always be
> reasonable.

Beach fees are going up to $5 for weekday, 45? for season, kids  under 12 free
with parent
and seniors free. $5 for the weekend as well.

I've saiud this before - when things were really realy down, once council
before they left,
had free beaches - that was for around 3 weeks. New council killed it and
killed what
could of been a decent year for concessionaires. Crowds came - then disappeared
just as
quick.

Problem was - who was going to pay for the lifeguards and upkeep of the beach??
There
werent any taxpayers.

Get a season pass. Then offer weekend "family paks" to day trippers.  POP
family
weekends.

But no one in ap ever wanted people here.