--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have lights on from dusk to dawn at all doors to my house.  In
addition, I have motion lights if I or anyone else walks up.  In
this town, lighting is a way to prevent break ins.  People have much
work to do on their homes.  Some look as if nobody has lived in them
for years.  I have spent weekend after weekend fixing my house and
don't mind paying for the electric if it means my home and car is
safe.

Allan, Standard residential lighting is what I assume you are
refering to. Certainly lighting is needed to satisfy specific needs.

If however, you are saying that you feel its ok to light up your
neighbors property, public property, or otherwise direct light off
of your properry - well that is a problem.

A property owner has no right to impose his desire for light outside
the boundries of his property.

The detrimental trend I see occuring is high intensity lighting and
industrial lighting being directed out toward the public spaces and
streets.

It is illegal, ugly, dangerous, polluting and completely un-
nessesary. Security and safety lighting can be acheived without
causing problems.

But the City refuses to control, enforce codes or otherwise say NO
to stuations that have gotten out of hand. That just causes others
to emulate what the see and assume is acceptable.

Just take a look around town at night.

Werner