--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> If you included local Government and Schools paying their fair
share
> than I would have no problem with local real estate tax on all
> buildings across the board.
>
> But you and I won't see it in our life times...
>
> In Long Branch the largest abated areas are under all the schools
we
> have here.  We are only 5.1 square miles and we have 10 schools.
Thats
> an average of one every 1/2 sq. mile.
>
> KB

Public schools no. They are government property and exempt. Private
and parochial schools yes. Then government, with the extra revenue
from taxation of all, except public property, can decide to give
grants to those uses providing valid charitable purposes. Houses of
worship get nothing for purely religious purposes. Didn't Jesus say
give unto Caesar what is Caesar's?