I'm not sure if the new sprinkler system has been torn up, but it
wouldn't surprise me. I live very close to the park, and I walk my dog
there every single day, and unfortunately it's frequented by some
pretty shady characters most of the time. Some of the damage can be
contributed to them, but a few weeks ago I had to chase away a group
of 7 teenage and younger girls who were completely out of control and
ripping flowers out of the ground, and smearing peanut butter all over
the fountain. These girls were rude and shouting obscenities at
everybody within earshot.
This weekend, I also observed something left in the park that made me
want to puke. Some street person, a male, took a dump in his underware
and took them off and left them on the side of one of the paths in the
park, poop and all.
I completely agree about the need for cameras in the park.