I don't believe Keady is for cameras

----- Original Message ----
From: Hinge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:50:07 PM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Murder. Again.

Sure, cameras would help, just like they have in other cities.
I truly believe that AP needs to become one city, not an east and west
side. The social problems we have aren't just limited to the west side.
In the past year that i've lived in AP, i've never seen so much
disrespect for a community in my life. Build something new, and
somebody will put graffiti on it. People rarely use our trash cans.
And our city is plagued with low lifes who ride around on bicycles
selling drugs, recruiting gang members, breaking into cars etc.
There must be something wrong with our criminal justice system,
because it's definitely not scaring the criminals away.
There is also something deeply wrong with having AP focus it's
redevelopment solely on the beach area. It sends the wrong message to
all the other parts of Asbury that really need help, like Springwood.
One area is being made into a playground for people of means, and the
other is being ignored, and it's been ignored for decades. It's
exactly the same thing that is wrong with Atlantic City...a strip of
prosperity bordered by areas that have been a mess for decades, and
those areas hardly benefit from the prosperity.
I also think that Asbury lacks the leadership to fix it's problems.
Some will get mad at this statement, but I truly believe that Jim
Keady is the only person on board who's actually made a strong and
visible effort to address our cities social problems. We need a strong
leader to be visible and vocal about righting our problems.