--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If the Judge inquired of the immigration status of each defendant, and
> notifed Homeland Security of anyone who is illegally here, I'm thinking
> we would be rid of a great many of those in that article who were
> arrested.

No one is suggesting that people be encouraged to enter the country
illegally. However, this country, including its government, citizens
and business leaders, have to stop being two-faced on the immigration
issue. Businesses are encouraged and permitted to attract illegal
immigrants. While there are laws the penalize companies for employing
illegals, they are simply a slap on the wrist. If you really want to
stop it, then throw the employer in jail instead of fining him.

The father of one of my daughters students just got deported for being
undocumented. That is the correct term, not illegal. So now the mother
is stuck here with her many children, all of whom were born in this
country, without support. BTW, the husband has never been in trouble
with the law and works.

A century and more ago, American businesses advertised for workers in
Europe. That is how many of us came to be. America has an historic
love affair with cheap labor.

I am not condoning the johns' actions, although I certainly can
sympathize with some of their likely plights of being in a strange
country all alone without a mate after working who knows how many
hours all to send some money home. Prostitution is a problem here in
AP for other reasons.

The insanity of making it illegal. Will we never learn?