> Just like the Anglos,
> didn't like the German influx, and together they hated the Irish,
>then
> all three started to hate Jews, Italians and other darker
>Europeans,
> us "Americans" are adopting the same attitude to the Latinos.

Better cut that red herring loose before he eats all your bait.  The
European immigration was done legally.  We could control what we
took in.  This immigration is illegal, not being controlled, and
enormous in comparison to the controlled immigration.  That's the
problem.

Leave your allegations of racism to the racists.  If every illegal
standing here had gotten here legally through our controls, then I'd
say welcolm.  Its not race its legality.

>I saw
> the movie Bobby the other night. A Mexican hotel worker replies to
>an
> Anglo who accuses him of crossing the border illegally, that
>Mexicans
> didn't cross the border, but the border crossed them. Seems to me
that
> the Southwest was theirs first.

See my recent post to Asbury Couple about reconquista.  That line in
Bobby may have been news to you but them.  They want Texas back.
You willing to let them take it?

> America belongs to the world. It has from the beginning and always
> will (should).

Bullshit.  America has a culture and if that culture gets destroyed
so will the country.  I'll take any tired, poor and hungry willing
to assimilate, which means signing on to our love for our history,
heroes, identity and laws.