> Government's role is to create the conditions that permit job
>creation. That may be beyond the scope of a small local governing
>body and is
> on a county, if not state level.

Agreed.

> If there are special circumstances,
> as I suspect there are here, then local government has a role. It
>does
> not necessarily call for spending. Let's say incentives.

Incentives are money breaks. They have given businesses a big one -
they pay less in taxes than the residential properties.

Now go back and look at your posts about that over the past month.
You've been screaming foul the whole time.

So they did exactly what you say they should do and you did nothing
but complain about it.

The City also gives incentives through the UEZ.  How does this board
treat the UEZ?  Complaints that they haven't done enough.

If other councilmembers do read this board, they can take comfort in
knowing that the criticisms of them are contrived, not real.  Also
there are maybe 10 of us at most, so who cares.

>They need to set up to the plate.

They already hit a grand slam.