Well, it was evident at the July 4th parade!  The Boys and Girls Club,
The Little League and the Bicycle Church, but those groups didn't have
any teens involved.  I applaud ALL of these groups!  The kids, were
smiling and laughing their heads off!  The parents and advisors
present, were AWESOME!  There ARE some things going on, here!  I
apologize to anyone, I may have offended.  Getting these groups
together takes effort, dedication and oh yes, MONEY!  MM had a float
FILLED with kids, throwing Beach Balls to the crowd! I'm backing off
the City, just for what I saw July 4th!  Without the City's backing,
these things couldn't be possible!  Something still has to be done to
improve the quality of life for the "lost" teens, in our city!  Kudos,
to the council, for all they have done, so far!  Werner, I caught a
red/white/blue beach ball, from the Historical Society.  I missed
seeing you, on the float!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sharon,
> You mentioned recreation. I was thinking about that earlier today. I
know it takes money
> that the city doesn't have...but...I think we are lacking things
like public basketball courts,
> tennis courts, even a public pool. I think our city could benefit
from things such as these.
> And, as a dog owner, i'd love to see a dog park created someplace in
our city. Dog parks
> are great social gathering places for our dogs and owners. I
mentioned that one a few
> months ago and got some very positive replies.
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <sharon_b283@> wrote:
> >
> > First of all, who is "they"?
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"

responsible for

> > There are programs, set up.  One, is recreation!  The other is where
> > are all the grants, out there?  What is Asbury Works?  An employment
> > agency?  I remember when kids, cut grass, delivered newspapers,
> > babysat, life-guarded, etc.  Here, in AP, there WERE jobs, when we had
> > a fully loaded boardwalk, an IN-use, Convention Hall, movie-houses,
> > with concession stands, ushers, etc.  GONE!  Even the movie house in
> > Seaview Square, that had been there, for years!  My daughter, had a
> > job at the Palace, at 14!  The lady who ran the prize parlor, next to
> > the merry-go-round, CALLED me, because, I wouldn't hear of my
> > "bourgie" daughter, with her $800.00 Fuji-12 Speed, dirtying her
> > hands, in there!  The year was 1979!  The kid begged me so much, I let
> > her do it!  My college age sons, worked either as camp counselors or
> > out there at AT&T, with me!  That's gone, too!  I see trouble brewing!

> > > Those were extraordinary times and called for Keynesian solutions
> > > (although FDR disagreed with Keynes).
> > >
> > > Government's role is to create the conditions that permit job
creation
> > > . That may be beyond the scope of a small local governing body
and is
> > > on a county, if not state level. If there are special circumstances,
> > > as I suspect there are here, then local government has a role.
It does
> > > not necessarily call for spending. Let's say incentives. My entire
> > > point is that we have a local government and elected officials.
it is