Republican consultant among 3 dead in home

Posted on Fri, Aug. 24, 2007

ORLANDO -- (AP) -- A local Republican political consultant was among
the three men found dead in an apparent double-murder and suicide at
an Orange County home, officials and relatives said. Authorities have
not determined a motive for the deaths of Ralph Gonzalez, 39, his
roommate, David Abrami, 36, and a friend, Robert Drake, 30.
Investigators found weapons and signs of a struggle in the house. The
three men are believed to have been dead for several days before
their bodies were discovered Thursday.

Gonzalez served as executive director of the Georgia Republican Party
from 2001-2002. He managed U.S. Rep. Tom Feeney's 2002 campaign, and
was president of Strategum Group, an Orlando-based political
consulting firm that represents Republican candidates. ''He was a
born political consultant. He had bravado, he was intense and he
lived and breathed tactics and strategy,'' said Feeney, R-Oviedo.
``He was an advisor and strategist for me and became a very good
friend.'' The son of Cuban immigrants, Gonzalez was devoted to
politics even as a youth, said his father, Rafael Gonzalez of Miami.
Ralph Gonzalez graduated from Florida International University and
received his master's degree in campaign management at the University
of Florida. ''He was a smart person who built a business by
himself,'' Rafael Gonzalez said. ``He traveled all over the world.''