Good grief.  Exactly why I don't believe in this kooky stuff and the
mad scientists that I'm told I must rely upon:

Since the late 1960s, much of the North Atlantic Ocean has become less
salty, in part due to increases in fresh water runoff induced by global
warming, scientists say.

—Michael Schirber, LiveScience, 29 June 2005

The surface waters of the North Atlantic are getting saltier, suggests
a new study of records spanning over 50 years. They found that during
this time, the layer of water that makes up the top 400 metres has
gradually become saltier. The seawater is probably becoming saltier due
to global warming, Boyer says.

—Catherine Brahic, New Scientist, 23 August 2007