So the fact that he was running a gambling ring and financing the
entire operation doesn't bother you at all?

The fact that he enjoyed engaging in torture doesn't bother you (oh
sorry, you're a neocon so that one probably doesn't bother you)

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Imagine how their victim's families will feel if Vick gets a
> lifetime ban while those 2 guys didn't.
>
> Aren't you offended by that hypocrisy?
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > No Tommy, the columns title is about Vick. You say let him play
> football. End of story.
> > Somehow, you managed to forget that fact. Yes, you did write
about
> hypocrisy, and it's
> > remotely possible that you raised some actual points, but you
> still hooked people in with
> > the headline about letting Vick play football. End of story in
my
> opinion. Everything else
> > you wrote just made it more laughable and deplorable at the same
> time. Just like you did
> > about Clearwater. I'm sure your Vick article won't have the
effect
> you desired, and it'll
> > probably help to shrink your fan base (if you think you have one)
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:
> > >
> > > AsburyCouple I'm really at a loss as to how the Vick column
> could be
> > > about me, or how it could even be controversial at all, let
> alone
> > > the controversy being the plan.
> > >
> > > All the column points out (as animal rights advocates have
> pointed
> > > out for years) is that in this world, we treat animals
> as "special"
> > > or "not special" or "protected" or "not protected" based on
our
> own
> > > needs of the animals, not based upon anything inherent in the
> animal.
> > >
> > > Like it or not, that creates a hypocrisy. When Vick kills his
> dogs,
> > > we are offended.  Are we offended for the animal?  If so, why
> not be
> > > offended at killing other dogs or other animals, which
happends
> all
> > > the time?
> > >
> > > If humans thought of dogs as special, we would abhor the
killing
> of
> > > any dog, as we would the killing of any human, but we don't.
> Our
> > > reactions seem to be based upon our view of the killing, not
the
> > > animal's view of it.  If our sympathy truly was with the
animal,
> we
> > > would hate all killing of animals, hunting included.
> > >
> > > Yes that dove-tails into the argument of who possesses a
soul.
> Yes
> > > it dove-tails into the abortion argument, since a fetus is a
> > > vertebrate mammal in the animal kingdom, and in some people's
> > > opinion, more important than a dog.
> > >
> > > I don't see how pointing out the hypocrisy makes the column

attention.