--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Gary Wien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but I'd be hearing that ol' commandment "Thou
> Shall Not Kill" in my ears all of the time.  That commandment
never
> says kill if the battle is correct or anything like that, it's
pretty
> specific.
>
> Funny how religion has pretty much abandoned that aspect in the
last
> 100 years or so.
>

> On Sep 3, 2007, at 5:15 PM, justifiedright wrote:
>
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Mario" <MarioAPNJ@> wrote:
> >
> > > Then he continued that "Deo Vindice" (God as
> > > Our Defender) was the slogan of Confederate soldiers; and "Gott
>Mit
> > Uns"
> > > (God with us) worn by German soldiers in WWII. So I'm skeptical
> > >that
> > > simply repeating "God Bless our Troops" yaer after year after
year
> > >means
> > > anything in terms of real support.
> >
> > To the troop himself I imagine it means a great deal. To go into
> > battle, to kill and risk being killed, I think I would want to
feel a
> > closeness with God. I would want to be sure in my cause being
just, to
> > be able to reconcile the killing with my religeous belief.

Let no man think he understands the ways and means of God, but let
all men seek Him for understanding.

The pivotal point in the salvation & redemption plan of the soul and
eternity of man was the event on Calvary.  God made that plan to save
us to Himself.  The act required was the spilling of innocent blood.
To our mind that is "murder" in the plan of God is was sacrifice.

Now I don't boast that I know it all, nor do I hold it sacred that I
know all there is to know about God, The Father, but I rest in the
assurance that God knows it all when it comes to me.

The issue is trust, not human rights, but eternal justice.

Who among us is wise enough to win this debate?  Not I!  As for my
house, we shall serve the Lord.

The men and women of the armed forces, are ordered to war and trained
to kill or be killed.  What I have always admired about the American
military philosophy was that it did not kill in the name of God, it
killed in the name of Congress. (A Declaration of War)

God Bless The American Troops, and protect them from the enemy and
from domestic political opinions.

KB