I don't know about Asbury, but in Long Branch there are CDBG programs
and UEZ Programs that are available to all differing economic levels
within the community.

If you guys have Community Development Block Grant money, they most
likely are spending it to beef up a department at 100%, when they
should allocate some funds to property owner programs.

We had a paint your house program.  We had a matching facade program
some of these programs were funded by UEZ money, some by CDBG
(Federal money).

Some of us here stay on top of them.  When we slack off, they
realocate as quick as you could say jack rabbit.

Of course no one who is vocally or publicly opposed to them ever gets
any of these program benefits.

Check into it, if they don't offer these programs in Asbury, stop by
Community Development in Long Branch, pick up a brochure, or check it
out online at teh city's site and then ask Asbury why they don't
access these funds.  If they do access, then where have they been
going?

KB

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "oakdorf" <oakdorf@> wrote:
> >
> > I didn;t make a typo.
> >
> > Today's APP on affordable housing in AP.
> >
> > Interesting. Also see Asburysteve's comment following article.
> >
> > Another interesting point is how much money had gone to
> > investors/owners who MADE their housing substandard so they can
the $
> > to do repairs.
> >
> > I can't keep track (not that I try) of how much $ has been
collected
> > by the CIty say,over the past 10 years, into cleaning it up. But
no
> > can keep track. Just a couple weeks ago, GPU made a gift of $2m
for
> > the west side. You'd think by now the west side would be
glowing.....

> I saw it already but was loath to post it. The same issues stuck in
my
> craw. Why investor real estate? Just keeps us in this vicious cycle.
> Yes, a lot of money has been taken in. Where is the accounting for
it?
> Hey, I need $30K of repairs can I get some? What about Werner? Fund
> his repairs that they say are needed so badly that he is thrown in
> prison. Selective in who gets the money? Probably as selective as
the
> WRA boundaries were redrawn to take certain property out.
>
> Just like you tell a junkie - go cold turkey. Stop taking the money
AP.