I warned those 110th Anniversary people not to rename "Christmas"
as "Winter Festival!"

Seriously though Tom Gilmour is a decent and hardworking fellow. I
like him a lot. I can't imagine what's behind all this. The "conduct
unbecoming" is a curious sounding allegation.

Tom has three significant posts in the City:

1 UEZ Director
2 Director of Economic Development
3 Board Member of Chamber of Commerce

With the Chamber he worked hard to get the Merchants Guild squashed.

The Merchants Guild corporate Structure is still available should
folks tire of the Chamber shenanigans and want to do their own
Marketing.

Just a matter of time I'm predicting.  Dissatisfaction with Chamber
is what gave birth to Merchants Guild in the first place.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Asbury's official suspended over questions on marketing campaign
>
> Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 10/3/07
> BY NANCY SHIELDS
> COASTAL MONMOUTH BUREAU
>
> ASBURY PARK — Thomas Gilmour, the city's director of commerce, has
> been working off a 20-day suspension without pay because of a
> marketing campaign that was under his management but had not
> received City Council approval before it was launched.
>
> City Manager Terence Reidy said the suspension began Aug. 6.
>
> "We are allowing Tom to take the days over a period of time so
that
> it has the least impact on the city and his ongoing
responsibilities