I agree with you both - while I don't know the specific situation
I'm amazed that any of this could have been a surprise to the board
when it's been so heavily publicized for so long.  And regardless of
whether a mistake was made or not, Tom is a good guy who's
passionate about Asbury Park, has worked tirelessly for the city and
I believe he's made a difference here.

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:
> >
> > I warned those 110th Anniversary people not to
rename "Christmas"
> > as "Winter Festival!"
> >
> > Seriously though Tom Gilmour is a decent and hardworking fellow.
> > like him a lot. I can't imagine what's behind all this.
The "conduct
> > unbecoming" is a curious sounding allegation.
>
> On the surface I have to agree with you. I think Tom is a good guy
and
> works hard for the city. Quite frankly, whether he did or did not
do
> it with Council approval it is not like it was a secret. It was on
the
> city website for chrissakes for months. They advertized the crap
out
> of the thing. What was about it? That Jewell got $35K? Okay, but
> shouldn't the Council have reviewed everything?
>
> I hear Jewell will not get a renewal on the contract. I guess Big
John