In a message dated 10/5/2007 9:31:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I  tried to search, so I wouldn't have to post something I imagine has
been  discussed here but...what's the story? who owns it, who is in
charge of its  fate?

I should have noted that the article below is from 2003

The owners of the vaunted Stone Pony rock club in Asbury Park have agreed  to
sell the business to the redeveloper of the city's blighted waterfront. The
deal, which all but guarantees that the club will be moved from its Ocean
Avenue site, the only address it has ever had, is not likely to sit well with
fans of Bruce Springsteen, Southside Johnny and other musicians who have
contributed to the club's mythic status.
_Click  here: WORTH NOTING; The Earth Moves In Asbury Park - New York Times_
(http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D03EED6173AF93AA15755C0A9659C8
B63&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/S/Springsteen,%20Bruce)