This sounds good

Visitors bring their treasures to annual antiques show
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 10/11/07
BY KAREN HAMMERDORFER
DELANCEY
CORRESPONDENT
BELMAR — It wasn't necessarily a "Ticket to Ride," but it was a ticket stub
from 1965 when the Beatles performed at Shea Stadium in Queens, N.Y.
Louis Williams of Neptune was one of several people who came to get their goods
appraised at the Antiques by the Atlantic Show at the Taylor Pavilion. The
fourth annual event was sponsored by the Belmar Historical Council.
Armed with more than 35 years' experience as an appraiser and at least five
thick reference books, George Beyers determined if people's "antiques" were
treasures, trash or somewhere in between. Meyers, who lives in Manchester, is a
dealer/appraiser at the Antique Emporium in Point Pleasant Beach.
"We like to see good items. It makes the appraisers feel good and makes the
people who own them feel good," Beyers said. "Some people bring in something
that's worthless — we have to be honest and tell them."