In a message dated 10/12/2007 9:18:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Sounds  good? Are you serious? More Italian? As if we don't have enough
Italian at  the Jersey Shore. If another italian restaurant opens
around here I'm going  to wack myself!

Try a care-ful re-read.

My tone was not breathlessly "excited."  That's  reserved for private moments.

I said "sounds good" as it should,  coming from  an official  city update.
But I was looking for more details  from this group, hoping, for instance,
that a "building construction supply co"  would not be any of those box chains.

No need to "whack" yourself.
"An Italian market" ain't an Italian  restaurant.

I was hoping to drop bucks here, instead of at "Taste  of Italy," Nino's,
Sal's, et al. when looking for some take-out like mama used  to make or
imported
prosciutto, provolone, etc.  NYC's Balducci's was great  when it remained in
family hands; then they sold out.

Actually, Wegmans does a good job  stocking quality imports, but a small
"market" in AP within walking  distance would be great.  Look for "DOP":
"product
of'" not "imported  from."

End of today's lesson on reading and Italian  markets.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   also wrote:

Very  sad that people like Mario ....

"People like Mario," (a.k.a. "Machinegun Message Mario,"  "clown," "Feste")
are fortunate enough to have expendable income, and we'd  rather drop it in
Asbury Park than elsewhere.

Not so sad.

It was sad when long-time residents like me had to  leave town to buy much of
anything, and people would ask, "Why do you live  there?"   Now they still
say, "I should've bought  there"!

Am I serious?  Would I kid you, Joe or  Jason?