--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rook782" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One major crime related problem in Asbury Park is that we have our
> own private 911 center, instead of merging with the county 911
> center.
>
> So instead of spending money to put more cops and horses on the
> streets, we use it to staff an inadequate 24 hour call center with
> all the fancy equipment that this involves.  Redundancy?
>
> In addition, being part of the county system puts another set of
> eyes on what is happening in Asbury Park.  It's crime and it's
> policing as well.

i personally think the horses are the biggest waste of money and
manpower, oh they will look great on cookman at first saturday and
will be nice in parades, but bottomline 2 more officers off the
streets,i know its too early but i wonder how many citations they
have given out? dog and pony show when we need foot patrols

as far as the 911 i totally disagree with you, first of all to
continue to be in the county system had serious defects, number one
the cost , its not free the number i heard was well over 50 thousand
last year, secondly the time factor i call 911 it goes to the county
then back to ap fire or police, instead of directly to them, 911 is
suppose to be for an emergency if i ever have one i dont want a time
lapse while phone calls are being relayed, i would also think local
dispatchers are more knowledgable about our streets, then someone
sitting behind a switchboard in freehold, which again could be a
worth while time factor,  thank you