Thanks for your perceptions Werner.  Maybe as citizens, we are foolish
to expect those politicians who currently find themselves in power to
solve problems as complex as gangs.  I have been to enough town
meetings to have a minimal amount of faith in the ability of some
folks to deal with such incredible complexities.  There are people in
the country doing amazing things with gangs.  Gangs incubate in places
that provide them with kids who have little else.  Asbury created that
problem and has to take responsibility for that.  Asbury is not the
virginal little city that the SUFA folks would have you believe is
susceptible to homeless people.

There is a man in LA who has created an incredible organization that
provides kids with a better choice.  If anyone is interested, I will
be happy to send an article.  Unlike the Stone Pony, this really is
something that needs to be talked about and considered deeply and
lovingly.  I doubt SUFA is capable of that, and they have the homeless
to fight.

I would love to chat further with anyone else who would like to
discuss the gang issue.  email me if you like.  gabrielle