From: 2fine4u <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 5:53 am
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re:Library Park

I've always given mine to the Salvation Army. Twice a year, I clean
the closets out and good, clean, wearable garments, are accepted. You
can also take a tax deduction. On the 1st Avenue side, is where you
can take the clothing, shoes, appliances, knick knacks, aka "dust
catchers" and "Cha-chis", books, furniture, even canned goods, you
don't want.

Turned off by the food giveaway at St. Peter's Thrift Store, now,
defunct, I began carting my "stuff", over there, on Main St. Many
staffers are volunteers and are very cordial and friendly. My
organization, hosts, table sales, chinese auctions, etc., and I tend
to buy the "new" things, like candles and gift sets. Many stores that
have items they couldn't sell, wind up over there! Still in their
packaging, brand new!

I usually have 2 shopping bags, of "new" items, to generate sales.
The money from sales, goes toward the general fund, that pays for
postage, copy paper, etc. My organization, like the Salvation Army,
is non-profit, all volunteer and lobbies for veterans issues. I
collect white porcelain and have found really unusual pieces, over
there, CHEAP!

If you want to get rid of your stuff, take it to the Salvation Army.
The clothing goes to families in distress, from fires, floods and
other natural disasters. I had never been in the building on Asbury
Avenue, until the fire, last month. I needed to get indoors, from the
heat and found refuge there. I will never forget them, for the soft
chair and the cold water. I wish everyone in this group, could send
them a dollar! They really provided a safe place to congregate and
rest, after standing outdoors, for hours.

I think of the commercial played during Christmas, with their bell and
donation holder. I'm so glad I never passed the pot by, without
dropping something in. My daughter, who is 36, does the same, because
I would always give her a dollar, to drop into the pot, when she was
but a toddler. See, you have me all worked up, now! I love those people!

http://mail.aol.com