In a message dated 10/24/2007 4:40:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am not the moved away Iam the been there  first. I lived in ap when
cookman was boarded up and opened one of the  first resturants?in
town?(the first visas on fifth). so ive gained and lost  in ap. i also
own a property that i purchased at an ap inflated price and  do my best
to get responsible tenants to live there (400Asbury ave) right  on the
park of which you speak. i shop and eat in ap and encourage others  to
do so. so i do deal with the problems and have a large vested  interest
there.

you don't reside in that ap house though?  Tell me, is there anyone
associated with the soup kitchen at Trinity that  lives within 1 block
of the church?

During the 80's, I watched the deterioration take  place with my own eyes on
my own block as absent landlords didn't  monitor the behavior of their
tenants.

Thankfully, on my block, those property owners are all gone (some
prosecuted, I believe).

Quite a difference now.