>>>I did everything I could to get them off drugs, alcohol.
> All to no avail. It breaks your heart.

Ditto. But then you have might have tenants who work and simply choose
not to pay rent.

If you're the landlord, the city or mortgage co doesn't care about your
heart. Just their payment. I thought about not being a nice guy Jan 1
this year. So now I'm down only $17k in rent because my being nice to a
couple tenants who just use "tomorrow" as the paydate. As a landlord,
you can listen to only so many excuses. As a landlord, you have to
listen to NO excuses. Otherwise your rent money goes to their habits -
not working, drinking, buying plasma tv's with your rent money, new
cars etc...

So tomorrow has come for a couple tenants I know. Only the 2nd time in
20 years I had to use an attorney. The first was the beginning of this
year.