--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, denise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Police look to cameras to help fight crime
> Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 10/25/07
> BY NANCY SHIELDS
> COASTAL MONMOUTH BUREAU
>  Post Comment
> ASBURY PARK — Police now say they're leaning toward a citywide
fiber-optic network for surveillance cameras in neighborhoods to deter
crime.
> Police Chief Mark Kinmon has been researching how best to get
security cameras mounted in the city and reported to the City Council
last week that it could take about six to eight months to get a
network and cameras in place.
> The estimated cost is $600,000 citywide, and the police and city are
researching federal justice grants and funding sources.

> I'm sure the pizza place on the corner of Ridge and Springwood gets
a big cut from the drug dealings that go on in and around the store.
Maybe they could donate monies towards getting the cameras

I am sure we can do some fundraising as well and the developers would
be willing to make a donaton. How about a concert in CH with some big
names?