--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 10/25/2007 5:35:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> It's  about MARKETING.
>

> I understand that.  Isn't everything these days.
>
> But I was intrigued that a hotel chain merited the affiliation with
>
> "The National Trust for Historic Preservation is an _American_
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States)  member-supported
organization which was
> founded in _1949_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1949)  by
_congressional  charter_
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_charter)  to support
preservation
> of historic buildings and neighborhoods  through a range of programs
and
> activities."  Wiki
>
> What says Werner.
>
> Bring 'em in to take over the Metropolitan...

They are a hotel management corp, like Host Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton
etc. The have different "flavors" of hotels in their different
entities. So they figure some peolple like to stay in older preserved
hotels so that becomes a "flavor" and they hook up with the org. Sorry
to say, but the Metro is just too far gone.