Running errands yesterday in Ocean Township ("butcher, baker,
candlestick maker," etc), I overheard a conversation which included
positive comments about Asbury Park, mainly about our "restaurant row."
Seems that some of our neighbors prefer the vibe here rather than what's
available at Route 35 franchise operations.  Valet parking was
especially appreciated both for the convenience and because some
"friends of friends" who are strangers to AP still have safety concerns.
Slow but sure.     Carl: The leading banker in Amsterdam is now the
pastry chef in our kitchen.
Banker: We have something to look forward to.    Captain Renault: Carl,
see that Major Strasser gets a good table, one close to the ladies.
Carl: I have already given him the best, knowing he is German and would
take it anyway.    Captain Renault:  A bottle of your best champagne,
and put it on my bill.